The use of mushrooms for immunity and other health benefits is an ancient tradition in eastern countries. Some specific types suitable for human consumption are able to prevent diseases and promote a better quality of life for followers — and are popularly known as medicinal mushrooms.
Medicinal mushrooms are edible fungi, visible to the naked eye, which are used for their health-beneficial properties. Do you want to know the most popular species in the world, their health benefits and their relationship with immunity? Take a look at this post I prepared for you.
Types of mushroom
Mushrooms are a source of many nutrients, including fiber, protein, selenium and potassium, in addition to vitamins B1, B2, B12, C, D and E.
It makes using the mushroom for immunity a healthy practice. Discover the main types of medicinal fungi used around the world and their benefits.
Agaricus blazei was discovered in the state of São Paulo and sent to Japan so that its medicinal properties could be studied. For this reason it is becoming very popular in the country of the rising sun.
This type of mushroom is rich in B-glucan, a common polysaccharide and with immunostimulating properties.
With several health benefits, the highlight is the improvements in the immune system and the balance of blood sugar levels.
Known for improving sleep, reducing stress and fatigue, it has been dubbed the mushroom of immortality. For nearly 2000 years, it has been used by Chinese monks to promote calm, enhance their meditation practices and prevent aging.
Grifola frondosa is a culinary and medicinal mushroom that has been shown to be effective in fighting breast cancer. Its components are also associated with increased immunity and help in the treatment of hepatitis B and the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV).
Popularly known as shitake, it is traditionally used to treat illnesses such as the common cold. Its components can also indicate an improvement in intestinal immunity, in addition to being a powerful anti-inflammatory.
Importance of taking care of immunity
White blood cells, antibodies and other components, including organs and lymph nodes, make up the immune system, whose main function is to protect the body against infections. This means that a person with a weak immune system is likely to have frequent infections.
Many disorders can weaken this system, causing you to become immunocompromised. They can range from mild to severe, present from birth or a result of environmental factors.
In addition to the increased risk of having frequent infections, the severity of symptoms is also related to immunity. Diseases such as pneumonia, and others caused by bacteria or viruses — including the cause of COVID-19 — can get worse in a person with a compromised immune system.
Signs that the immune system is not doing well
A person with a weakened immune system gets sick more often than others. For example, watch your friends, co-workers and family. How many times a year do these people get the flu? If you get sick a lot more often, your immunity deserves special attention.
In addition to the flu, people with a weak immune system may also be more likely to have:
- • inflammation of Organs internal organs;
- • blood disorders or abnormalities such as anemia;
- • digestive problems, including loss of appetite, diarrhea and abdominal cramps.
The relationship of mushrooms to immunity
Mushrooms have a bioactive called B-glucan. The bioactive brings a series of health benefits, which mainly includes the improvement of the immune system.
In the case of Agaricus blazei, better known as the sun mushroom, its consumption brings several advantages related to immunity. See the main ones:
- • source of selenium, potassium, magnesium and manganese, important minerals that, among other functions, are responsible for strengthening the immune system;
- • rich in B-complex vitamins, which contribute to the production of red blood cells, responsible for strengthening the immune system;
- • rich in vitamin D, which regulates the immune system.
Benefits of Agaricus blazei
In addition to immunity, Agaricus blazei has other benefits:
- • supports cellular health by reducing the risk of abnormal cell growth in the body—that is, cancer;
- • works as an antioxidant, helping to protect from free radicals, which can damage cells and lead to infections and other illnesses;
- • supports insulin, which can help regulate blood sugar levels;
- • reduces the risk of illnesses due to pathological agents such as viruses and bacteria;
- • has an aroma vaguely reminiscent of almonds, so its use is welcome in cooking recipes.
The list of diseases that the use of the Sun Mushroom can prevent or treat is also extensive and includes:
- • asthma;
- • cancer;
- • high cholesterol;
- • dermatitis;
- • diabetes;
- • inflammatory bowel disease;
- • hepatitis;
- • high pressure.
In Brazil, it can be found through HN Food products. With experience and expertise, it offers two main health solutions:
- • Agaricus blazei mushroom liquid concentrate;
- • Agaricus blazei mushroom dry concentrate.
The entire production process is carried out with great responsibility, through processes and analyzes with scientific support. For this reason, the company guarantees the quality of its concentrates.
Suggestions for Strengthening Immunity
In addition to using the sun mushroom, it is important to take several steps to stay healthy, including:
- • practice good personal hygiene and food preparation;
- • avoid direct contact with sick people;
- • visit the doctor regularly;
- • manage stress;
- • have a good sleep routine;
- • have a healthy and balanced diet;
- • maintain an exercise routine;
- • pay special attention to vitamins and minerals that can affect the immune system, such as vitamins A, B, D, E, as well as iron and zinc.
The mushroom benefits for immunity and health in general continue to be researched and increasingly used by the population. Try adding medicinal mushroom concentrate to your diet and test, in practice, what research has already proven.
HN Food is prepared to meet your needs, offering a high quality product that quickly increases immunity. Contact us.